Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sewing, baking, and goal setting

Good Morning.
Its been a busy, somewhat productive week.
I still have a lots to do to be prepared for Christmas.
I have NO shopping done, or anything made for my own kids. YIKES!
We finally went and got our tree yesterday (in the pouring rain) and now it's sitting in the shop drying out.  The kids will decorate it today. Kadin (my 5 year old son) is so excited about the tree. My older girls have been decorating their rooms and it's fun to see them so creative and excited. 
Last week I was able to sew some pj pants for my daughter. (Which has been one of those projects sitting there for months)  I made my niece a skirt, and made a children's apron for one of the little girls that will be at our family gift exchange on Christmas Eve.  I have so much to whip out this next week. I hope I can do it.

I did some baking this week including a knock off recipe of Starbucks Pumpkin Scones. SO GOOD!
I will be making them again, and again.  And again I'm sure!

I've found myself deep in goal setting thoughts. I don't know if it's because there is a New Year creeping up on us or what. But I'm getting excited about making some changes this next year.  I will be sharing my thoughts with soon!  That's another post for another day.

I'm excited about that dark days challenge!  One of my goals is to really start tapping into local resources to find our food.  It helps to ask around......because with going out on a limb and asking (I'm scared of rejection) I found a milk share!!  So I will be getting Raw Milk delivered weekly starting Tuesday.  (Having a milk cow is something I'd love to have, but my husband's answer to that is a strict NO! Absolutely no changing his mind on that decision.) I am beyond  excited to be getting raw milk from Emma the cow.  I pulled up a picture of Emma the cow and said "Look Kids! This is who supplies our milk!" I find so much joy in that.

I better get off of here and get busy. 

Have a good Sunday!




1 comment:

  1. Whip up some sewing! You sound like my sister!
    The cow share find is wonderful!!!Nothing like a tall glass of raw milk! Try it in your hot cocoa! Amazing!!
    Having a cow is wonderful, but comes at a price on either end you look at it. Maybe a milking goat?! But kinda comes at a price too! hehe
    I have a starbucks pumpkin scone recipe too, and love it! I wonder if we have the same one.
    I think we would be good friends if you lived closer, but I guess we'll have to settle for being blogger friends!! Love your blog too

    ReplyDelete