Monday, December 24, 2012

Dark Days Challenge and Sewing Projects

The Dark Days Challenge is fun!
On Thursday I made Spaghetti.  The sauce was made up of sausage from our pigs that we raised, the tomatoes were home canned tomato sauce, I did use store bought Italian seasoning to spice the sauce up.  But for the noodles I used spaghetti squash I grew in my garden! So everything but the seasonings were home grown/local!!  And it was very good!  I actually liked the squash better then the noodles. It was sweeter. My kids, well not so much.




Last night we had another home grown/local meal!  I didn't get a picture of it, but it was a simple dinner that I threw together because we needed to use up some of our roast.  The roast was from our steer, the potatoes and onions from a local farmer, and the cheese was also local!  I made a casserole out of it and it threw it in the oven. It was yummy!! 

As you know, I've been sewing.  I am having a blast!  I've spent a lot of time with my seam ripper, but it's been a good patience learning exercise for me. 

I started with my daughters pj bottoms~
(this was the only picture I had of them
before I finished them)










I finished an adult apron, 3 children's aprons, a skirt and pj bottoms!  I am loving the fabric on my niece's pj pants!





Then my youngest daughter and I put these "Scrap Monsters" together.  She came up with the pattern and I sewed them together. I am thrilled with how they turned out! Now all my kids want one to keep for themselves.

I have a couple little things to finish sewing today, then off to the kitchen to bake up some goodies to take to our Christmas Eve family get together tonight. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday!

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy! Spending lots of time with your seam ripper! hahaha
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete